
Last night Opa and I had the pleasure of enjoying dinner at Pine American Restaurant in Murray, where Dave is the very able manager. Gail Goodwin, a friend of Grandma Jeannie met us there for dinner. The conversation was pleasant, the food exceptional and the best treat of the night was that Dave sat with us while we ate. We had a table in front of a blazing warm fire in a beautiful see-through fireplace.
After enjoying delicious sour-dough bread and butter, we chose a light meal of soups and salads. Jim was pleased with the Onion Soup made with Sourdough Toast and Aged Gruyère cheese. Gail and I both enjoyed our Arugula Salad with Balsamic Roasted Beets, Pine Nuts, Shaved Fennel, Grilled Red Onions and Parmesan Cheese, to which we both requested salmon to be served on the side. We also shared some delicious butternut squash soup. The meal was topped off with Butterscotch Creme Brulee with sliced strawberries. Such a treat!


David can be proud of his restaurant which was named best new restaurant of the year by Salt Lake Magazine. Good eats and good times!
Josh, our other restaurant manager son, very ably manages 350 Main Brasserie in Park City. I'm sure he is very busy this week as Sundance Film Festival is in full swing. 350 Main is a favorite gathering spot during this yearly event in Park City.
Opa and I have enjoyed a meal or two at Josh's place in the past and look forward to visiting him there soon.
Opa and I have enjoyed a meal or two at Josh's place in the past and look forward to visiting him there soon.
The food at 350 Main is just too good, and the ambiance is very fine. Josh, who is a Sommelier, welcomes family and friends whenever they have time to drop by.

350 Main Brasserie was named best restaurant in Park City by the Salt Lake Magazine last year.
Christmas Eve Josh and 350 Main hosted Katherine Heigl, her fiance, family and friends for a rehearsal party prior to their wedding. That was fun to hear about!
We are proud of our restaurant-managing sons and love to be part of their lives.
As I said before, Good Times and Good Eats!




3 comments:
What about my eatin'place? I serve up a mean chicken enchiladas or sweet and sour pork chops. And if you come on the right morning, you might get breakfast burritos instead of the usual cheese toast, muffins, or bagels. My eatin' place might not have a fancy name for serve fancy people, but it still rocks. And the best part is shoes and socks are optional. And you can even eat in your jammies if you want to. (But, I do have to agree, the Pine is pretty awesome. And I hear 350 Main is too.)
Great pix! Makes my mouth water. I believe the salad you had at The Pine is also Stacey's favorite! One of these days I've got to make it up to 350 Main to see Josh in his natual habitat.
Thanks for sharing!
wish I could take credit for the pictures. I lifted them right off of both websites! Glad you liked them though....
Post a Comment