Sunday, March 30, 2008

No Doubt About It!

Our Father in Heaven loves us, no doubt about it. He knows each of us personally, as individuals, no doubt about it. He delights in showing tender mercies over each of his children:

"And when they had set their feet upon the shores of the promised land they bowed themselves down upon the face of the land, and did humble themselves before the Lord, and did shed tears of joy before the Lord, because of the multitude of his tender mercies over them." Ether 6:12

When we think about it, we can each think of a time when we have felt the Lord's tender mercies upon us. Little things that help us to know that he knows us. I was reminded of one of those little things today in Testimony meeting, as someone quoted a scripture from D&C 136. If you are familiar with that section, you know that it was given by Brigham Young as he addressed the pioneers as they were in the early days of their trek west. The verse that was quoted was one that I have always felt was put there "just for me." Do you ever feel that way about a scripture? The verse I refer to is verse 28. It reads:

28 If thou art amerry, bpraise the Lord with singing, with music, with cdancing, and with a dprayer of praise and ethanksgiving.

The first time I read that scripture, I felt overcome, because it literally seems to speak to me. If thou art merry? I am Merry! And what am I supposed to do? Praise the Lord with singing, with music, with dancing, etc. Please don't feel I am making light of this precious coincidence, my name in a scripture about the things I love to do best. I smile every time I read it. A tender mercy for me... no doubt about it!



1 comment:

Andrea said...

The scriptures are wonderful, aren't they? I love being able to relate the scriptures back to me. I really never did that until I was the Gospel Doctrine teacher. And guess what? When ever I read the scripture you quoted from D&C I think of you because I remember you telling that story a long time ago and I never forgot it. I thought it was neat then and I still do.