Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Thank Heavens for Little Girls!

"Is there anything more beautiful, anything that speaks more of divinity than a lovely little girl? I have little great-granddaughters, bright-eyed and beautiful, who sing and smile and touch my heart with thoughts of heaven. When I see them in their innocence, I recall the words of the Lord, "Except ye . . . become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 18:3).

The previous statement is a quote from our late prophet, Gordon B. Hinkley as found in his book "One Bright Shining Hope," which Lynnie sent to me as a Mother's Day gift. The book is quite a treasure, full of precious statements and words of hope. This particular excerpt especially touched my heart, for while I am in Mobile for this month, I have had the opportunity to spend time with my darling Emmertson granddaughters, Taylor, Payton and Hayden. They, as well as Riley and Ashli, bring joy to my heart in so many ways. I love all five of the beautiful young women whom I am blessed to able to call my granddaughters.


2 comments:

Ann said...

I so enjoy sitting in front of three of your lovely granddaughters every Sunday. Thank you for sharing yourself in your blog!

Ann B.

Andrea said...

They are all beautiful girls! And since I've been in my primary calling, I've been able to see better how beautiful the Emmertson girls are inside as well as on the outside. You're a lucky Oma! Have fun with them all being together this summer!