Well, here we are again, after 2 1/2 years.... I just opened Lynnie's blog to find my gingersnap recipe on my blog, which is linked to Lynnie's and I noticed that Annie had updated hers, so after I mixed up some ginger snap cookie dough I read Annie's latest post, and missing her like crazy as usual, I decided that if she can update her blog, being as busy as she is, then so can I!
I have tried to make the gingersnaps many times since moving out here in 2007, and they always turn out flat, hard and heavy. So this morning I googled High Altitude Adjustments, and made the recommended changes: less sugar, less baking soda, more liquid and oven temp up 20 degrees. They turned out perfectly! So now I just have to reinvent my peanut butter cookies and all will be well.
Here is a very brief update since 2008. Jim and I moved to downtown SLC to the west side of city center into the Palladio. MAJOR expensive! Our first week in our new ward (church congregation) we found out about Wasatch Manor, where we currently reside. We love it here and are paying less than half what we paid at Palladio, plus utilities and wi-fi are included! We still live in city center, where we can ride the Trax for free, are across the street and down one building from the SLC public library and the beautful Washington Park. It takes about three minutes for us to walk to church, and I can even walk to Smith's to shop. So. Needless to say, we love living in Wasatch Manor. When we moved into SLC I was fortunate to find a job at the Flagship Store of Deseret Books. Worked there for a year, when I decided I needed to spend more time doing Family History and be free to fly to Mobile whenever I wanted to so I could spend time with my sweet Mother. Let's see..... So this past year, 2010, saw so many of our friends dying (are we really that old?) and so decided to help organize an Ozark Branch Reunion. That was help this past summer and was as wonderful as it could be, getting to spend time with so many of the friends we love like family. I was able to fly home to Mobile for a six week visit with my Mother in October and November. When I got back to SLC, I was here less than 2 weeks when my Mother passed away on Dec.6. She was 90 years young as so so beautiful and funny and healthy and smart and loving and just an angel on earth. I miss her. I am going to upload some photos of her if I can remember how.
I guess all of y'all know that I am a facebook addict. I have always considered fb to be "blogging for ADHD" and I should know! If anyone reads this who is not one of my fb friends, please feel free to friend me: On fb I am Merry Wells Cowart. Hope this is not too much info for one post. I am going to try to get back in the habit, so look for me more frequently and less wordy!
Love y'all!
Friday, January 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment