Sunday, January 23, 2011
YouTube
Dave came over the other evening, and after we hung out some, I asked him if he could record me on my sweet new IPhone4. Yup, I have one. I know, I'm such a techie.... Anyway, so Dave said sure, and handed me my guitar. So I sang a couple of songs and he recorded them and we uploaded them to YouTube. If you are reading this you are probably one of my kids and so you've already seen them on Opa's YouTube Channel. (so, so funny ;-), he didn't even know he had a YouTube Channel. He never even goes on YouTube!!!) If you happened to wander on over here without familial connections, that's okay too... Opa's YouTube Channel is utahvocrehab. As in his email address. In case you want to see the videos, which I don't blame you if you don't, because they really aren't all that great. Let's just say I sound every bit of 62 years old. Anyway, this little venture into recording myself got me to thinking, which is sometimes not such a good idea. But I got to thinking that maybe I could record some of my kiddie songs for Little B and Emmy and Julie and GMC, because they don't get much chance to sing along with their Mimi. And what about if I did those songs Taylor, Payton and Hayden and I love to sing in the kitchen, like "Mommy told me something", and "Que Sera Sera"? And wouldn't my Benham kids want "The Fox Went Out on a Chilly Night"? Which made me think, what if I recorded my storytimes? I still have my storytime notebook with all my songs, fingerplays, stories, etc for a year's worth of storytimes for toddlers and preschoolers. So I acquired my own YouTube Channel, merrilywerrily, which is my Twitter name (not that I have ever tweeted!). Step 1 accomplished. And then, this morning I started thinking, Why not camp songs? Silly songs? Lullabyes? Those 80's inspirational songs by Michael McLean and JKPerry? Those mushy old songs I sent on a cassette tape to Opa when he was in Viet Nam? And what about the ones that are so fun to sing at Karaoke night? And on and on and on. Wow! All those 'what about's' really wore me out..... So don't look for anymore YouTube stuff in the near future. I think I'll just take a nap.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment