Yesterday Opa and I were surprised to wake up to snow all over the ground and falling! This began our day to remember. What a pleasure it was to watch our grandchildren playing out in the snow! I took the first few pictures while standing on the front porch. Later in the day Lynne and I went to Day-Murray Music in Lehi, which brought back memories of my friend Brenda. If Brenda could only see me now, standing in front of Day-Murray, and only ten minutes from home! Back when we all lived in Germany, Brenda and I would both order sheet music through the mail from Day-Murray. Who would have ever imagined that I would actually be living so close to the store! I picked up an application for employment, but my chances of ever getting a job there are pretty slim, since loving to sing is not exactly a glowing reference! Just for fun, I took a picture of the front of the store to show to Brenda when we got together, later last evening.
So Jim and I and the Vasses drove to Temple Square last night and had just the best time having a mini-reunion with the Spillanes. We met in the South Visitors Center, until the missionaries very tactfully suggested we move out of the entrance, after which we moved the party over to the newly-renovated Tabernacle, home to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It was very cold outside, and we did spend a bit of time looking at the Christmas lights on the square, and they were very lovely, but our biggest interest was in being with Tom and Brenda. It was more than great to be able to spend time with them, some of our oldest and best friends. Along with them there were a few of their twelve children: Creed, along with his wife Jacqueline and baby Gavin; Britton, along with her husband David and baby Aria; and Paris, Tom and Brenda's youngest daughter. While we were in the Tabernacle, Spillane daughter Ashli's husband David showed up, unexpectedly, and we got to visit with him as well. Ashli Spillane Thompson is the person that Stacey named our own Ashli after.
What a great day it was!
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Oooooo! Green borders. I love it! So purdy....
Post a Comment