Oh the joy of it! Somehow, somewhere, I had lost our precious ginger snap recipe: the one my children and grandchildren love. It is just about the greatest cookie ever, and I have been so sad to have misplaced the recipe. So tonight, on a whim, I googled 'ginger snap recipe from "mother's in the kitchen," ' and can you believe it, it came up! I am so excited to share it with you, and never to lose it again. "Mother's in the Kitchen" is the old La Leche League Cookbook, which I never actually had, but borrowed many times during my La Leche League years. Last year I found a used copy for sale on Amazon Market Place, and hastened to order it. When it arrived it was time to pack it up in those infamous boxes now out in Lynne and Ricky's garage. Of course they are inaccessable, but now who cares! I have the recipe, and so do you. Please enjoy making these marvelous cookies for your kids this Christmas, and be sure to tell them that their Mimi loves them!
Molasses Ginger Snaps from "Mother's In the Kitchen!"3/4 C margarine or shortening
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
2 cups a.p. flour
1 tsp. soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. ginger
Mix everything together at one time. Form into balls. Roll in more sugar. Place wide apart on slightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Makes 3 to 4 dozen.
Note from Yo Mama: Go ahead and double the recipe. You'll be sorry if you don't!
No comments:
Post a Comment