Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Gauntlet Has Passed!



Well, I salute Stacey for stealing my thunder with some killer pizza! Our family pizza recipe is one I got back at Fort Rucker from Carol Patillo, who said it originated with Mani Sorensen. It served me well for many years, as my homemade pizza became almost legendary in our circle of friends. It is not a quicky recipe, but one of those "love recipes" that only works when plenty of love is kneaded into the dough. I had heard that Stacey had perfected the recipe and taken it beyond my meager abilities, but I had no idea how literal that perfection was. Such as making killer cheese-stuffed rolls to dip in her home-made pizza sauce! Suffice it to say that I no longer need to be the pizza maker extraordinaire for our family. Stacey, I salute you! When you gonna bake some again?




2 comments:

Rich said...

Oh, wow! I can almost smell the saucy, doughy aroma. I look at this image, and an explosion of flavor and texture assail my senses. Mouth-watering delectability! I agree that we should have some more of this very soon.

And don't forget the breadsticks.

Stacey said...

I'm always happy to oblige! Thanks, Mom, for the kind words and vote of confidence. I really didn't mean to steal your thunder. ;o)